Breadcrumb Menu

Indigenous Studies in Natural Resources and the Environment Minor

A minor is a group of courses designed to provide students knowledge in an area outside of and in addition to their major. A minor is not required for a degree.

1.   A minor must have 24 to 30 quarter units.

2.   At least half of the units must be from upper division courses (300 or 400 level).

3.   At least half of the units must be taken at Cal Poly.

4.   No more than one-third of the courses in a minor can be treated as Credit/No Credit, except
      for courses, which have mandatory CR/NC grading.

5.   A minimum 2.0 GPA is required in all units counted for completion of the minor.

6.   The minor must be completed along with the requirements for the bachelor's degree.

7.   Selection of a major and a minor from the same discipline is not permitted.

9.  The minor is declared when the student requests a graduation evaluation in the Evaluations
     Office.  Students should seek Natural Resources Management and Environmental Sciences
     (NRES) and Ethnic Studies (ES) advisor approval early in planning a specific course of
     studies. The completion of the minor will be noted on the student's transcript, but will not be
     shown on the diploma.

Related Content